Making a video for the first time?
Need Music or Images for your video?
Respecting copyrights and others, means that you need permission to use other people’s music, company/brand logos, images and photos. Below are some good sites that might be helpful for you.
Use the internet to do great things
- Vocalid Donate the gift of voice
- Charity Navigator Your guide to intelligent giving
- Alison Empower Yourself online with FREE certified learning (discover your true passion)
- MOOC’s Massive Open Online Courses FREE!
- Khan Academy You can learn anything for free, for everyone, forever
- Smart Futures Career stories, videos, free school visits and lots more
- Transition Year Students Discover your potential and the possibilities @ TYIreland
- LinkedIn for young people
- Careers Portal Ireland’s leading career guidance website
- CoderDojo The global network of free computer programming clubs for young people
- Hubsi An online social innovation hub to connect young people and their ideas for social innovation
- Mathletes An online maths competition from 4th class to pre-leaving cert
- WhizzKids Learn about computers, IT, web design, video game programming and lots more!
- Social Skills for Autism App #KloogTheAlien
- Great Safe Sites recommended by Webwise for teachers and students
Being safe online
Your mental health is very important
- Jigsaw The National Centre for Youth Mental Health ensures that no young person feels alone, isolated and disconnected from others around them. Jigsaw provide vital supports to young people with their mental health.
- EducationDesty By empowering parents, educators and carers with guidance, training and practical tools, DESTY® helps children to build their self-confidence and to deal with life’s challenges. A wide range of online training packages available. (aimed at primary school age)
Resources for Media Literacy #Trust #Research #BeInformed
There’s a lot of information online, but sometimes it’s hard to tell what is fact, what is a reliable, and what is not. Media literacy is a skill that helps us learn how to look at information analyze what we find online and look at it with a critical lens. Here are some tips about being media literate.
There are more than 3 billion Internet users worldwide. There are als0 more than 6 billion mobile phones and of these over 1 billion of those are smartphones. 20-25% of teens have been bullied online and 75-80% haven’t. If you’re looking for numbers, here are some sites with cool stats about who’s doing what online: