What’s Your Story? will launch again on October 4th, 2022.
In the meantime, you can check out what last years competition was all about:
In 2021, we asked the below question to be answered in a 2 minute video. The entries did not disappoint!
“How did the internet help you get through this past year?”
This past year, we needed the internet more than ever – to entertain us, connect us, and learn. This inspired us to ask you how the internet has helped you get through a difficult year. Did you use it in different or new ways? Did you love being on it more or did you get tired of it? Did your relationship with the internet change in any way? Did you learn anything about the role of the internet in your life, the lives of others, or the world around us?
So, how did the internet help you get through this past year? If you have an answer then grab a camera and tell us! Be funny. Be dramatic. Be creative. Whatever you do, be real. (oh and please keep COVID public health guidelines in mind!)
Once your video is ready to be shared, get out there and spread your message far and wide. Promote it to your family, friends, classmates, communities and everyone you know!
There was one overall winner and four category winners.
- Overall winner will receive €4,000
- The winning video entry can be an individual or a youth group.
- Each category winner will receive €1,000 as follows:
- Age 8-12 winner prize for Individual category – €1,000
- Age 8-12 winner prize for Group category winners – €1,000
- Age 13+ winner prize for Individual category – €1,000
- Age 13+ winner prize for Group category winners – €1,000
2021 Dates To Remember:
- Feb 9th 2021: Competition Opens announcing the question you need to answer in your video entry
- Feb 9th 2021: First date to upload your entry
- April 20th 2021: Last date to upload your entry
- May 4th 2021: Last date to view and comment on all entries (entries with the highest views become the finalists for the judges)
- May 6th 2021: The judges meet to determine the winners
- May 18th 2021: The winners will be announced!
Your online privacy is important to us
Here’s how it works
Create and upload a 2 minute video on the above question, then get as many views and comments as you can. Video entries with the highest views get shortlisted for our judges who decide the winners. You must be registered on the site to view and comment on each entry (once only per entry). You must be 8 years old or over to enter (we have two age categories). You can enter as an individual or a group in your age category (we have cash prizes for each of these categories). If you’re under 16, you will need parental/guardian approval – but don’t worry, our online registration process on this website will guide you.
Your entry must be:
- your own original work
- Please be respectful of copyrights and of others. Make sure you have permission to use other people’s music, company logos, images, or photos. For more tips on this, check out our Useful Info page
- in one of the following formats: .wmv, .mov or .mp4
- a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes in length
- a maximum of 100 MB in size.
We can’t stress it enough; please read the official rules for a lot more details. Best of luck!