How To Enter
Follow these steps to compete in our competition
First check the rules to make sure that you are eligible to enter
Answer this question in a two minute video ‘How do you know what’s real or fake online?’
Register on the website and READ THE RULES before you get started
Stay calm and wait for the winners announcement!
Best of luck!
Video Competition : What’s Your Story? is now open for entries.
Answer the below question to be answered in a 2 minute video.
How do you know what’s real or fake online?
There are more reasons than ever before to question what we see online: whether it’s a news story with a surprising headline, a video that can’t possibly be real, a strange pop-up or a peculiar message from a friend or complete stranger.
While the internet is a great resource, it’s getting harder to tell who and what we can trust online. That puts all of us at a greater risk of trolls, hackers, deceptive advertisers, people spreading false information; encouraging bad behaviour online and of course; strangers that want to befriend us.
The good news?
We can all learn how to identify trusted sources online, how to spot potentially fake websites/news/scams and how to deal with strangers who may not be who they say they are.
So many good things are possible because of the internet. It’s useful, entertaining, it connects us to others far away, it’s amazing. But like anything else, it’s imperfect. And now more than ever, there’s a greater risk of the internet being more toxic than it is healthy for us.
There are still many, many more of us who use the internet in positive, harmless, or productive ways. So, it all starts with each of us taking an action, however small, every time we’re online. You can help by sharing your tips or ideas on how to figure out what and who you can trust online.
If you have an answer, then tell us your story. Be funny. Be dramatic. Be creative. Whatever you do, be real.
Create a two-minute video to answer this question for a chance to win one of our great prizes. Use live action, stop action, animation, original music or none.
Once your video is ready to be shared, get out there and spread your message far and wide. Promote it to your family, friends, classmates, communities and everyone you know!
We accept entries in English and Irish languages.
- Overall winner will receive €2,000
- The winning video entry can be an individual, a school or a youth group.
- Critics’ Choice Award will receive €1,000
- The judges will award this to an outstanding entry to recognise it for reasons that they will determine, depending on the entry itself.
- Each category winner will receive €500 as follows:
- Age 8-12 winner prize for Individual category – €500
- Age 8-12 winner prize for Group category winners – €500
- Age 8-12 winner prize for School category winners – €500
- Age 13+ winner prize for Individual category – €500
- Age 13+ winner prize for Group category winners – €500
- Age 13+ winner prize for School category winners – €500
2022 Dates To Remember:
- Oct 5th 2022: Competition Opens announcing the question you need to answer in your video entry
- Oct 5th 2022: First date to upload your entry
- Jan 10th 2023: Last date to upload your entry
- Jan 17th 2023: Last date to view and comment on all entries
- from Jan 19th 2023: The judges meet to determine the finalists and winners
- Feb 7th 2023 SAFER INTERNET DAY: The winners will be announced!
Your online privacy is important to us
Here’s how it works
Create and upload a 2 minute video on the above question, then get as many views and comments as you can. A panel of independent Judges will select the winning Entries . You must be registered on the site to view and comment on each entry (once only per entry). You must be 8 years old or over to enter (we have two age categories). You can enter as an individual, aschool or a group in your age category (we have cash prizes for each of these categories). If you’re under 16, you will need parental/guardian approval – but don’t worry, our online registration process on this website will guide you.
Your entry must be:
- your own original work
- Please be respectful of copyrights and of others. Make sure you have permission to use other people’s music, company logos, images, or photos. For more tips on this, check out our Useful Info page
- in one of the following formats: .wmv, .mov or .mp4
- a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes in length
- a maximum of 100 MB in size.
We can’t stress it enough; please read the official rules for a lot more details. Best of luck!